"A TRULY AMAZING EXPERIENCE!"
About PWA’s Friends For Life Bike Rally
Are you ready for a life-changing experience? This is a Ride like no other.
The Bike Rally originated as a 6-day, 600 km bike ride from Toronto to Montréal. In 2016, the Bike Rally introduced a 1-day, 110 km bike ride from Toronto to Port Hope. Now in its 20th year, the Bike Rally has engaged over 3800 participant as cyclists and crew and has raised over $15 million dollars for the Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (PWA). The Bike Rally is the sustaining fundraiser for PWA supporting its ability to provide critical services and support to individuals living with HIV/AIDS in Toronto.
"The Bike Rally encourages you to get out on the road and do something you think you can't do...but you can!"~Allyson - 7 year Rider
Making a Positive Difference
Bike Rally Participants of all ages and levels of experience share a common passion in supporting their friends, family and neighbours living with HIV/AIDS. Join PWA’s Friends For Life Bike Rally for the experience of a lifetime and help make a positive difference.
"I do the Bike Rally because I know how important the work is that the Toronto People With AIDS Foundation does."~Rodney - 2nd year Rider
It’s so much more than a Bike Rally
Raising critical funds and spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS is what you do for PWA. PWA is the largest practical support service provider in Canada serving people living with HIV/AIDS. Funds raised through the Bike Rally ensure that people living with HIV/AIDS get access to programs and services that nourish their whole self in a welcoming and healing space.
Join in the fun and Register Today!
July 29 - August 3, 2018
6 day, 600km cycling adventure from Toronto to Montréal.
July 29, 2018
1 day, 110km cycling journey from Toronto to Port Hope.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
JOIN THE CREW
Want a fun way to connect with fellow riders, new and returning? Get your training off to an early start? Registered Bike Rally Participants, join us for free spinning classes at the North York YMCA.
Every Sunday, 8:30 to 9:30 am, from now until Departure Day!
There are 30 bikes available, so you can Register for each class in person, 15 minutes before the start, and there will be lots of bikes available. (The Y requires this attendance list.)
A few notes:
- arrive 15-20 minutes ahead of the class and proceed to the Reception Desk downstairs (level B1)
- check inwith the Reception Desk (you will need to tell them that you are a Bike Rally participant there to attend Jack Coop’s class); you will be asked to present photo ID; then sign the signup sheet for the class at the Reception Desk, before you make your way to the locker rooms
- bring your own lock and towel – bags, coats and boots are not permitted in the fitness spaces
- once changed, walk past the same Reception Desk to get to the Cyclefit Room – it is only 30 feet away, on the way to the aerobic room
- spin bikes have two-sided pedals: toe cages on one side permit the use of any kind of athletic shoe or sneaker; SPD clips on the other side fit compatible cycling shoes, to give you the most efficient, powerful and safest ride
CALENDAR OF EVENTS