It’s the long weekend and we think maybe our donation payment system might have wanted a vacation!
In all seriousness, we’ve been in close contact with our account manager at Artez (our online fundraising platform) regarding the donation issues that have been happening today.
This is what we know:
- The problem has now been fixed! – yay!
- For most of the day some online donations were successful (mostly PayPal) although some payments (mostly credit cards) were not going through and donors were receiving an error message.
- The issue is with the payment gateway iATS.
- Several charities were affected by this issue.
- The was top priority for FrontStream, the company that owns Artez.
What this means for you:
- First and foremost we appreciate your patience and your donors’ patience. Please extend our gratitude to your donors.
- The Fundraising Deadline has been extended – it’s the Canada Day Loooong Weekend Fundraising Deadline! The new deadline is Friday, July 6
Thank you all for your patience today. Have an amazing Canada Day long weekend!
Director, Philanthropy & Communications
Manager, Philanthropy & Sponsorship