In 2019 PWA’s Friends for Life Bike Rally will pilot a 3-Day Ride from Kingston to Montreal, joining the second half of the 6-Day Ride.
Depart: Wednesday August 14, 2019 from Queens University, Kingston
Arrive: Friday August 16, 2019 in Montreal, during Montreal Pride
Distance: 313 kilometers
Fundraising Minimum: $2,500
Why a 3-Day Ride from Kingston?
- Our Multi-Year Planning research conducted over the last year has shown us that existing and prospective Bike Rally riders want more flexibility and fewer barriers to participation.
- The 3-Day ride will address several barriers by:
- Decreasing the number of vacation days the average participant must take from 5 to 3.
- Decreasing the total distance travelled by approx. 300km, and following the generally flatter portion of the total route to Montreal.
- 3-Day ride participants will still experience the exhilaration of arrival in Montreal, which in 2019 will be during Montreal Pride!
Why is the fundraising minimum the same as the 6-day ride?
- The Friends For Life Bike Rally is PWA’s sustaining fundraiser and its ultimate goal is to raise as much money as possible to ensure people living with HIV and AIDS have access to important services. The 3-Day Ride is an opportunity to diversify the event, grow participation, and continue to generate critical funds.
How will I get to Kingston?
- For participants coming from the GTA, a bus will transport you to Kingston the night before the ride, where you’ll stay at Queen’s University overnight.
- Transportation from other regions (ie. Ottawa or Montreal) may be arranged closer to the event, depending on demand.
- Participants from the Kingston area can meet us at Queens on the morning of departure.
Have questions about the 3-Day ride? Contact Michael Reid (Manager, Philanthropy & Sponsorship) at PWA at email@example.com