22nd & 23rd ANNUAL FRIENDS FOR LIFE BIKE RALLY
2020/2021 CO-CHAIRS CALL TO ACTION
On behalf of PWA’s Friends For Life Bike Rally’s Executive Committee, I am excited to invite applications for two positions:
- Co-Chair, 22nd and 23rd Bike Rally
- Co-Chair, 22nd and 23rd Bike Rally
The purpose of PWA Friends For Life Bike Rally is to raise critical funds for PWA. The Bike Rally is PWA’s signature and sustaining annual fundraising event and includes the annual 6-Day Ride from Toronto to Montréal, the 3-Day Ride from Kingston to Montréal, and the 1-Day Ride from Toronto to Port Hope.
It is a unique community-driven event with a leadership structure comprised of a volunteer planning and supervision committee working alongside PWA staff. The event is a year-round planning and management effort led by the Executive Committee (EC), two Co-Chairs and Steering Committee.
As we gear up to launch what will be a successful 2019 Rally, PWA remains committed as ever to the success and longevity of this amazing event that engages thousands in raising awareness about and critical funds for people living with HIV/AIDS. We see the extraordinary individuals who have participated and dedicated themselves as the key to this events success.
Interested applicants must have at least 1 year experience on the Bike Rally Steering Committee and are invited to speak with myself, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, or Michael Reid for answers to any questions you may have.
22nd and 23rd Bike Rally Co-Chair Responsibilities include:
- Set expectations with Steering Committee members for the applicable year within the context of the BR’s identified long-term priorities, goals and strategic directions as well as those of PWA. This will include goal setting, communications, procedures, processes and documentation.
- Actively participate on the Executive Committee.
- Provide support, coaching, consultation and advice to Steering Committee Members.
- Coordinate Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure storage of required documentation supporting all committee meeting minutes, processes, procedures, budgets, goals, milestones, maps and work plans.
- Work closely with PWA’s Manager, Philanthropy & Sponsorship
Co-Chair Appointment Process:
- Co-Chairs are appointed for a two-year period and an opportunity for a third year term in the Past Co-Chair role on the Executive Committee (EC).
- Appointments are usually staggered so that there is always a new Co-Chair paired with an experienced Co-Chair. As there is one outgoing Co-Chair this year, this staggering will not take place. However, the outgoing Co-Chair will remain on the Executive Committee and will be available to offer mentorship and advice to the two new Co-Chairs.
- The Executive Committee will review all applications and select a maximum of 4 candidates for interviews. Formal interviews will be held by at least the incumbent Bike Rally Co-Chair, Interim Director of Philanthropy & Communications and Executive Director, and where possible the outgoing Bike Rally Co-Chair.
- Final interview results and recommendations will be reviewed and approved by the full Executive Committee.
On behalf of PWA, I want to thank you for your continued support and dedication to the Bike Rally, and to PWA. I’m excited by the opportunity to undertake this important multi-year planning project thus sustaining the heart and purpose of the event while exploring new and innovative ideas.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about the Co-Chair positions. If you are interested in applying, please submit your completed application form (see link to document below) to email@example.com or in person at PWA at 200 Gerrard Street East, 2nd Floor
fax 416-506-1404 – 200 Gerrard Street East, 2nd Floor